Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer Weekend


Summer Weekends are some of the best times of the year. 
There is something magical about waking up with the birds, and going to sleep with the breeze of the evening air. Evenings out under the fading sun and days spent outdoors for as long as possible. 

Friends and I were joking that the new vacation was the staycation. A week or less at home, to reconnect with family and friends and enjoy the place you live through the eyes of someone who does not get to experience the everyday. Lingering for coffee at a local cafe, taking a walk or riding a bike around town and connecting with the patterns of the day. With no clock or sense of doing, there is so much that presents itself. 

So, this week, a staycation. A few days over the long holiday weekend to be and to experience all that I miss in the everyday routine.  Some plans, and a lot of free time. Hikes in the hills, coffee at the local spot instead of Peet's or Starbucks to go...A trip to the market and the joy of cooking ( it started tonight....) time with friends, kayaking in Santa Cruz, A yoga class I have been wanting to fit into my schedule...planting in the garden, reading in the park..and on and on I go. The fear is the list I already have in my mind. Less of a list actually, and more of a picture. 

After a glorious weekend, the perfect time to enjoy everything summer brings!
And when it is over, a reconnection to the community and friends and myself and a commitment to doing this every season

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin