Sunday, June 22, 2008

Going Home Again


I have been in New York for the last week...Meetings for our company Peek...Aren't You Curious.
Not sure that I have talked about our business venture yet, but it is something that amazes me every day. While I was still in the corporate world ( at Lucky Brand Jeans ) Scott and I would take these great walks ( hikes? ) in LA and Northern California and talk about what we wanted our life to be about...The central theme was love, parenting, children, creativity, being able to work with people that were talented and that we could support in some way, challenging ourselves to do something that we have never done before, and on and on we go....As we talked more, and started to put together the pieces of our dream it was clear that a move to the Bay Area and the pursuit of this concept was key. More on this and all the talented people we get to work with later. 

Over the last two years, we have been really fortunate to reconnect with old friends, keep working with amazingly talented people and partner with new people that touch and inspire us every day. 
Our baby is starting to develop. 
http://aboutus.peekarentyoucurious.com

All of this, which brings me back to this past week. In New York for meetings..We are so lucky to have the support of a few amazing and talented people who are on our Board. 
On our second evening in NYC, we were driving out to Westchester to have dinner with old friends, and drove into the town where so many memories came to mind...The agency from which I was adopted on April 2, 1968. The first job I had that led me into a career of 23 plus years. The cool pub that our cool English nanny would visit on  her weekends off. As we drove through the town, and some of the neighboring areas later in the week, All I could think about was how fortunate I was. How all of these experiences have shaped my family and I  and were deep within my mind. So many of the people that I had the opportunity to spend time with, were old friends and mentors from years ago. To see them now, as the same people that they had always been, living a true life was the greatest gift of the week. 

While there is at times pain, there is so much to be grateful for, and that a life worth living is a life explored,  full of love, adventure, challenge and personal grace. 

For all of that, I am grateful

photo from www.flickr.com/photos/airfuly

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin